Converting your annual financial report to iXBRL formats such as ESEF is actually quite simple and you can use both the ParsePort XBRL Converter and the ParsePort XBRL Inspector.
All you need in order to convert your report to ESEF is a PDF file containing your annual financial report along with an Excel file containing your mapped annual financial statements. We will provide the latter during your onboarding.
Converting with the ParsePort XBRL Converter
- Start by navigating to esef.parseport.com where you can use your credentials to log in to the conversion portal;
- After logging in, you need to upload the PDF version of your annual report along with the Excel file containing the simplified tags and your financial statements;
- When your report has been successfully converted it will launch in our viewer, where you are able to highlight mapped elements as well as view the entire report;
- From the viewer window, you will be able to see the number of errors in your report (be aware that many errors are not actually blocking, but just notifications);
- When you have successfully converted your annual financial report to iXBRL you have two options for downloading your report. You can either download the report as a zip-file, or you can download it as a viewer file;
- To download the zip-package, you simply need to click Download iXBRL. The zip-package contains everything you need to submit to your local authority.
- To download the viewer file, you simply need to click Download viewer and you will get a file which renders just like it does in the viewer window of the ParsePort XBRL Converter. Although the viewer file is openable by any standard web browser, we recommend using Firefox or Google Chrome, as this will yield the fastest results.
Converting with the ParsePort XBRL InspectorThe benefit of using the ParsePort XBRL Inspector when converting is that you will have access to the inspector tools the moment your conversion is completed. If you need to review the file after conversion, this will save you the step of first downloading the file from the conversion portal before uploading it to the inspector for validation.
- Start by navigating to inspector.parseport.com where you can use your credentials to log in;
- After logging in, you need to click the menu item labelled Convert to ZIP;
- Click Select file(s) and find the PDF version of your annual report along with the Excel file containing the simplified tags and your financial statements before clicking OK;
- You then need to make sure the Validate file box is ticked (unticking this box will increase the conversion speed, but you will not have access to the validation sheet afterwards);
- At the same time, you need to make sure that the check box for Use dev environment is left off. Checking this box may result in errors during conversion;
- Finally you can click Upload File;
- After the conversion is complete you will be taken to the validation sheet where you can see if there are any errors within the report;
- When you want to download your ESEF file, simply click the ZIP Icon in the top right corner on the validation page.