When you first start your journey towards ESEF compliance here at ParsePort you need to fill out the information in the General Data Sheet of your Excel template. When you receive the template from us some fields may be filled in already, based on information we already have.
The general data sheet is color coded; light blue cells are mandatory, green are optional and dark blue will fill out automatically based on information in other cells. Be aware that information in the dark blue cells can be overruled simply by inputting information in the cell in question.
Furthermore the sheet is split into three sections (general, data and technical). Below you will find descriptions on what you need to fill into each field.
- Report Language Code: You need to select which language you report in. Simply select the corresponding language from the dropdown menu.
- Label Language Code: Select which language the labels in your Excel sheet are written in. This is automatically set to match your language code, but can be overwritten if the two differs.
- Country Code: Select the issuer country code from the dropdown menu.
- Currency Code: Input the currency code for the currency you report in such as EUR, USD, DKK, NOK etc.
- Scale: For the scale you need to input which scale you report your figures in. You can choose between four preset scales from the dropdown menu.
- 0 = whole amounts,
- 3 = amounts in thousands,
- 6 = amounts in millions,
- 9 = amounts in billions.
- Consolidated: Select from dropdown “Yes” or “No” from the dropdown to divulge whether you are reporting consolidated or non-consolidated figures.
- Homepage of reporting entity: Simply fill out the URL to your company’s homepage.
- LEI code of reporting entity: You need to fill in the LEI code of your company. You can find the LEI code by searching for the company here.
- Name of reporting entity or other means of identification: In this field you simply need to fill out the name of your company.
- Domicile of entity: Fill out the name of the city where your company is located.
- Legal form of entity: You need to fill out the legal form of your company. This could for instance be “Public Listed Company”.
- Country of incorporation: Fill in the name of the country your company is reporting in.
- Address of entity's registered office: Fill out the address of of your company.
- Principal place of business: Fill out the principal place of business. This will usually be the same as “Domicile of entity”.
- Description of nature of entity's operations and principal activities: Input a description of the reporting entity’s operations. There is no limit to the amount of characters you can input.
- Example: "Konecranes is a world-leading manufacturer and servicer of cranes, lifting equipment and machine tools, serving a broad range of customers, including manufacturing and process industries, shipyards, ports and terminals. Konecranes operates internationally, with its products being manufactured in North and South America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia and sold worldwide. Konecranes has three reportable segments, which it calls Business Areas: Business Area Service, Business Area Industrial Equipment and Business Area Port Solutions."
- Name of parent entity: Input the name of the parent entity, if the reporting entity is not a subsidiary, this should be filled out with the name of the reporting entity.
- Name of ultimate parent of group: Input the name of the ultimate parent group, if the reporting entity is not a subsidiary, this should be filled out with the name of the reporting entity.
- Explanation of change in name of reporting entity or other means of identification from end of preceding reporting period: This is a mandatory field and must be filled. If there's been no change in name or identification since the preceding reporting period, you can simply input “N/A”.
- Length of life of limited life entity: This field is optional and can be left blank.
- Period covered by financial statements: This field is optional and can be left blank.
- Start date of reporting period 1: Fill out the beginning of the current reporting period. For 2020, for instance, it could be 01/01/2020.
- End date of reporting period 1: Fill out the beginning of the current reporting period. For 2020, for instance, it could be 31/12/2020.
- Other reporting periods: The start and end of reporting period 2 and onwards will automatically update based on the information input in period 1. If you change your reporting period, you need to manually override the information in the cells. This is done by simply typing in the reporting period you want to add for the given cell. Be aware that inputting information into the cell, will remove the automatic updates of the cell in question, which means it will need to be updated manually going forward.
- Taxonomy: Each taxonomy is followed by date, which is the date the taxonomy was published. Select the needed taxonomy from the dropdown menu. In most cases you will simply need to select the newest taxonomy.
- Taxonomy ID: This has been filled out with "ESEF" as default.
- Entrypoint: We will fill in this field before you receive the Excel template, and it shouldn't be changed unless ESMA suddenly creates more entry points, in which case we will let you know.
- Identifier Scheme: We will fill out the identifier scheme based on the taxonomy you are reporting in, and so it shouldn't be changed. If you have any questions regarding this feel free to reach out to our support team.
- Customer Domain: This field will automatically update based on the information you entered under "Homepage of reporting entity". We do not advise changing the information in this field.
- Reference Date: This field is automatically filled based on information in other cells.
- Customer Taxonomy Filename: This field determines what the name of your file will be after applying rules for local naming conventions. This field will be filled out when you receive the Excel template from us, but if you need to input or change the taxonomy name, you should do so while adhering to the naming convention described here or the rules set forth by your OAM.
- Customer Taxonomy Report Filename: This field decides the name of the reports folder in your ESEF file. The name is generated based on input in other cells as a default. We do not recommend overriding this.
- Customer Taxonomy Name: This field determines what the name of your file will be. Changing the file name at a later point will result in validation errors. This field will often be filled out when you receive the Excel template from us, but if you need to input or change the taxonomy name, you should do so while adhering to the naming convention described here.
- Customer Taxonomy Publisher: This field will automatically update based on the information you entered under "Name of reporting entity or other means of identification".
- Customer Taxonomy Publisher Website: This field will automatically update based on the information you entered under "Homepage of reporting entity".
- Customer Taxonomy Publisher Country: This field is filled out with "EU" as a standard, but you can freely input the correct code for your country (and not for your language).
- Customer Taxonomy Abbreviation: This field will automatically be updated to contain the first three letters of your customer taxonomy name.
- Customer Taxonomy Date: This field is automatically updated to reflect the current day.
- Customer Taxonomy Description: This field is filled out with "Taxonomy extension".
- Customer Taxonomy Label Languages: The language of the label descriptions in your converted iXBRL file is based on the language you choose in this section, and you will also be able to export a fact list in any of the chosen languages. You can select multiple languages by inputting several language codes and using comma as separator.
- Example: Input: "en, dk, se, no" without the quotation marks, in order to create a report where the label descriptions can be displayed in English, Danish, Swedish and Norwegian.
- Customer ID: A Customer ID will be filled in when you receive the template from us, and it shouldn't be changed.
- Skip validation: This field is optional. Setting the dropdown to "True" will skip the validation of your file, which will increase the conversion speed. But it will also mean your file is not validated during conversion. This is not a setting we recommend using when converting your annual financial report to ESEF.
- Parameters: This field is used to allow and disallow certain parameters during conversion. It should be left blank unless the ParsePort mapping team specifies otherwise.
If you still have any questions related to filling out the general data sheet or any other part of the conversion process send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our support team will get back to you.